Tier I is the initial support level responsible for basic customer issues. It is synonymous with first-line support, front-end support, and various basic level technical support functions. The first job of a Tier I investigate the customer’s reported issue by analyzing the symptoms and finding the root cause of the problem. This level should gather as much information as possible from the end user to be recorded in the helpdesk tracking software.
Once identification of the underlying problem is established, the technician can begin sorting through the possible solutions available. Technical support specialists in this group typically handle straightforward and simple problems (i.e.: documenting customer business process, reading application logs to determine failure root cause, verification of proper hardware and software set up, assistance with navigating around application menus, identifying data discrepancies, etc.). Personnel at this level have a general understanding of the product or service, and aim to handle 70%-80% of user problems before escalating the issue to a higher level. This job will need a general understanding of aerospace, maintenance engines/aircraft, or configuration management.
· Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the operations center.
· Monitor service desk for tickets assigned to the queue, and process on a first-in first-out basis with respect to task priority
· Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
· Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
· Monitor the solution center email, and generate tickets out of email requests.
· Analyze data discrepancies and provide/perform solution.
· Create detailed instructions to solve customer issues.
· Test software.
· Reports higher level issues to a Tier II technician
· Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
· Document step by step instructions of problems worked on.
· Some mild Scripting experience would be helpful (SQL/Batch/ETC)
Formal Education & Certifications
· College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, mathematics, engineering, or other related field
Knowledge and Experience
2 years+ experience working in aerospace, configuration management, or engine maintenance
Exposure on ITSM ticketing tools
Experience working in a 24/7 environment
· Solid relationship management and performance management skills
· Strong customer service orientation
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
· Ability to conduct research into data, process or software issues as required
· Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language
· Highly self-motivated and directed
· Keen attention to detail
· Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
· 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability for 5-10 days per month
· Some travel may be required
· Sitting for extended periods of time
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
· Flexibility to schedule
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.tsunamitsolutions.com/tsunami-tsolutions-recruiting/recruitment-form/ →