Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Department: Application Development – FL
Developers at the senior level will take a lead/senior role in architecting, designing, and implementing software for our customers in an agile team environment. Coding and testing is the bulk of the day-to-day work with around 10-15% of the time spent on design and architecture, and 10-15% of the time spent on documentation, and 10-15% of the time spent on mentoring. Expected to be able to work well in a team environment as well as be able to communicate design ideas and mentor team members.
Location: Melbourne, FL
Schedule: Normal – 1st shift
Reports to: App Dev manager
TT Salary Tier: T5
How Many open positions to fill: 1
Skill Level (JR/MID/SR): SR
· Work in a lead role to both design and implement software solutions in a team environment.
· Design and develop coding solutions for functional requirements.
· Drive introduction and implementation of software engineering best practices.
· Participate in software architecture design based on customer requirements.
· Communicate designs, intent, and implementation to the rest of the team.
· Mentor more junior team members.
· Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
· Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
· Properly document the system, including coding, design, and testing.
· Ensure designs and implementations are in compliance with specifications.
· Ensure code meets or exceeds standards.
· Prepare and produce releases of software components.
· Software design and development in a java language environment
· Team mentoring and team lead responsibilities
· Continuous training and learning to improve development skills. Tasks in support of all stages of the development process
o Significant recent work experience in a hands on coding role with technical leadership and senior team/mentoring experience
o Prefer at least 8+ years and/or a BS or higher
· Languages: Java 1.6+ (J2EE)
· Database: Oracle
· Source Control: SVN
· IDE: Eclipse
NICE TO HAVES (Not necessary but big plusses):
· Scrum/Agile experience
· Experience with Test-driven Development, Pair Programming, Refactoring, Continuous Integration
· Unit Testing Frameworks – Junit, JMockit, Easy Mock, Mockito
· Training and Mentoring experience
· C#/.NET, ASP.NET, MVC, EF
· Aerospace Experience (Military Jets, Commercial Engines, Space Flight Platforms, etc.…)
o Aerospace focused degree and at least 2 years industry experience OR
o Aerospace industry experience 4 years in role interfacing with flight test engineers, R&D, maintenance, etc.… OR
o Ability to quickly learn and understand aerospace engineering concepts, ability to teach them to other team members, as well as speak to client engineers as a subject matter expert
· Experience configuring and/or deploying to Java application servers (Tomcat 6, WebSphere 8, WebLogic 12)
· MUST BE US CITIZEN – NO EXCEPTIONS
· Must be willing and able to pass a background investigation and drug screening
· Must pass P&W Legal Check
Work Conditions: Office work
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.tsunamitsolutions.com/tsunami-tsolutions-recruiting/recruitment-form/ →